Friday, March 11, 2011

Let Me Hear It!: Feedback and Hyperbolic Praise Welcome

Well, the reviews are in and it seems you guys all think I'm pretty friggin' awesome.


"Your blog today was especially boring,
but your brother's made my day!"
-Carolyn W, Orange CT

"I didn't really get it ..."
Ricco S, Boston MA

"what's so special about your life benjamin??? 
besides writing shsitty reviews, what have you done???" 

I am both thrilled and exhilarated by this response, but I want to make it clear that I am not letting this success go to my head. I am no better than your average, very well educated, smashingly good-looking, and excessively self-confident street person. I am a man of the people, if you will, which is why I want to answer some of these questions.

T-Rod- (cool name bro, did that come with your Razor Scooter?) it's funny that you should ask! I'd actually say that writing shsitty reviews is probably the least remarkable thing I do!

I was just recently invited to write for one of my very favorite sites, Metal Sucks. This is an exciting opportunity I'm really looking forward to, but not as much so as opening for Apocalyptica in a few days !

It's actually pretty funny how that came together; my band was originally booked to play on a side stage, far away from the main act, but through a fluke (Ben Moody of Evanescence's new band, We Are the Fallen, dropping off the date), Apocalytica found themselves in need of a new main stage opener. The group's management gave my band a listen and selected us to directly open for them. 

Prittay ... Prittay cool.


Of course, I don't want it too seem, in light of these exciting occurrences, that I'm going to let this blog fall by the wayside. That couldn't be further from the truth; one site can't possibly contain all the sarcasm and acerbity present in this mind!
I've got some big ideas and interesting things on tap, but all the same, I want to hear more of what y'all are thinking. What's good here? What's bad? What do you want to hear more of, what do you want me to shut up about? If you're lucky I might even lampoon you like I did my good friend T-bag up there. Just kidding, but seriously.


Send your thoughts, wishes, and prayers to brokensticks432@yahoo.com and I'll happily reply. I don't bite, I promise (not that hard).

1 comment:

  1. SO GOOD
    FUN FUN FUN FUN...LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND

    http://fringingonobscenity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete