Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blowlife

I believe I promised you some grade A audio-manure last week, so here it be.


There are rare moments in life when our paths suddenly change course; when rays of scintillating sunlight pour down from the clouds of consciousness and invigorate our being with new meaning and direction. British Columbia's own Theory of a Deadman recently had such a revelation.

We had a bit of an epiphany when it came to songwriting ...
We've been a band for over a decade now, 
and we realized what we're doing makes sense. 
There was a lot more confidence. I was able to dig in lyrically and be wide open.
- Tyler Connolly (Guitar/Straining into a Mic)

Sounds good, but how big of an epiphany is this?


This big. 

There's really no downplaying life's little thunderbolts. For instance, just last week, I realized that what I do on the toilet makes a lot of sense. There's a lot more confidence now; I feel like I can really be wide open. 


And you'll really want your ears to be when you hear this gem of a tune. Thought "Bad Girlfriend" was the greatest song ever (only eclipsed by "Crazy Bitch")? Did you love it so much you couldn't wait to hear it in swing time? Then get ready, cause' I think you're gonna' be blown away.


No comments:

Post a Comment